Friday, August 8, 2008

Map #32 Current Events

My girlfriend who lives in Detroit and I are always trying to find a place to meet. In Activity #1 I used Messoman - Meet in the Middle to find the midpoint between Detroit and Austin. Much to my surprise and delight, it is just north of the Arkansas/Illionis border, close to Carbondale, Illinois, where my cousins live. So I must get busy and plan a trip. I tried to insert the map here, but I couldn't do it.


Activity #2 I looked at the Global Incident Map and found that there is an Anthrax threat in Austin. To learn more you have to log in. I tried to create an account and found out it would cost $99. So that was the extent of my learning about the antrhax threat. Here is the map of all the global threats:


http://globalincidentmap.com/map.php

No comments: